Cleaning supplies can often become a cluttered mess underneath your kitchen or bathroom sink or they can end up spread all over the house, leaving you not knowing what you have, where it is, or what you need to pick up at the store. Of course, this scenario leads to frustration, particularly when it comes time to clean. Decluttering and organizing your cleaning supplies with a cleaning caddy means when the time comes for cleaning you are ready. With a cleaning caddy, cleaning will be less of a chore and more of a pleasure and can be accomplished in record time, leaving you with additional time for your favorite fun and leisure activities.
Start your Cleaning Caddy by Paring Down Your Supplies
At first glance, this might sound counterintuitive. Start your cleaning caddy by paring down your supplies might sound off, but once you gather all your supplies together, you will likely find you have way more than you need to clean your house effectively. Think about it, before you even begin designing your caddy, you realize you have cleaning supplies all over the house – under the kitchen sink, under the bathroom sink, in the cleaning closet, in the pantry, in the linen closet, etc. Gather it all together and let’s get you organized and on the way to your ideal cleaning caddy.
The Cleaning Caddy
Choose a color and a vehicle (the caddy itself) that you like. You can use a bucket, a tote, or an official cleaning caddy – just make sure it is large enough to hold your tools and supplies and easy enough to carry. If blue is your favorite, choose a blue caddy. If you love a leopard print, find a cleaning caddy to match your style. You might be surprised, but when your supplies are organized and coordinated in container you like, cleaning will be easier. Now you might prefer a cleaning caddy in the kitchen and one in each of your bathrooms, or you might prefer a single caddy for the entire house – the choice is yours – use what you know will work best for you!
You can also choose your cleaning tools to coordinate with your chosen caddy. For example, if you choose blue, then use blue cleaning cloths or a blue handled duster. If leopard print is your ideal, then choose a broom and dust pan adorned in leopard print. You get the idea, right?
Cleaning Supplies for Your Caddy
Your favorite cleaning products are a must, though you might not need every single cleaning product on the market. As you are designing your cleaning caddy, you might opt to get rid of your old products and choose new non-toxic, eco-friendly choices to clean your home. Here is what you will need in your cleaning caddy to get the job done well:
- Microfiber cleaning cloths – these cloths offer the best clean, leaving no lint or streaks as you go about your cleaning.
- Cotton cleaning towels/cloths – these are the cloths you use when you aren’t using your microfiber cloths, like for the jobs of wiping up the kitchen or washing doors, baseboards, and more.
- Scrub brushes and sponges – have a large, medium, and small scrub brush ready to get a tough to clean grime and a sponge to clean in hard to reach spaces.
- Duster – a wand duster will make all your dusting jobs faster and easier.
- Blind cleaner – like a duster on your furniture, the ideal tool makes light work of cleaning blinds.
- Lint roller – perfect for cleaning upholstered furniture.
- Vacuum cleaner – choose one that features attachments and a HEPA filter.
- Mop and broom – essential to cleaning, remember sweep first, mop second.
- Dish soap or Castile soap for all those jobs that call for soap and water cleaning.
- All-purpose cleaner
- Window/glass cleaner
- Garbage Bags
Now you are ready to design your own cleaning caddy. Of course, should you find you need help getting started with any and all cleaning tasks, the team at Signature Maids is here to help!