When you are searching for the very best cleaning service for your home, there are several things you can do to ensure you find the best house cleaning service. You should know all cleaning services aren’t equal, some are great, and others are not so great. Here are some tips to help you find a great one for your home and family.
Start with Your Research
A good place to start your research is with family, friends, and co-workers you trust. When people you know find a great local house cleaning service whose results they are impressed with, they will share the information with you. Many companies even offer referral programs rewarding satisfied customers for their kind referrals. The same holds true for friends, family, and co-workers who have had bad experiences, and will gladly offer their opinion so you don’t have to share in the same negative experiences.
Step two in your research is as close as your computer. Go online and search out companies you are considering. Take the needed time to peruse the reviews. You will want to take a look at reviews at general review sites like Yelp and Angie’s List as well as the company’s own website. Keep in mind that you will likely find positive and negative reviews and even some false reviews, but all told these reviews can help you narrow down your list of potentials.
Be Prepared During Your Interviews
Now that your list is narrowed, and you are ready to conduct interviews of your selected house cleaning companies, here are a few questions to help you get started.
- What services are included in a routine visit? If you want additional services, make that clear as any add-ons may affect pricing.
- How long have you been in business? How long have your employees been with you?
- Do you perform background checks on your employees? This answer should always be yes!
- How do you set your fees? Some services charge hourly rates, others charge by the number of employees needed to clean your home, others still charge by the project.
- An important follow-up question here: How long will it take to clean your home?
- Will the same employee(s) come to your home each time?
- Is your company insured and bonded? Professional cleaning services should have liability insurance and be bonded to protect you should accidents occur, or items get damaged or disappear.
- Does your company carry worker’s compensation? This is important should an employee get injured on your property, so you won’t be liable.
- Does your company provide equipment and cleaning supplies? This is important regarding cost as well as whether you have a preference for conventional or environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- How do you gain access to my home? There are multiple options and you should be comfortable with the one offered.
- What about pets? Some services ask that pets be crated if the owner is not home. Others prefer pets be outside while cleaning takes place. Be sure to ask about their policy and also if there are additional fees if you have a pet in your home.
- Do you have a satisfaction guarantee?
Make Your Selection
You should now have enough information to make your decision, but always keep in mind the fact that the best cleaning company is the one who will tailor cleaning services to your unique needs. Signature Maids promises the best house cleaning services in the business and is ready to serve you – give us a call today.